The Benefits of Reflexology for Fertility
Reflexology can prove to be a valuable part of any pre-conception program to increase fertility by balancing all body systems, on both a physical and emotional level. Reflexology can help place both partners in the optimum condition to conceive by;
• Relieving stress - any therapy which relieves stress and tension and promotes deep relaxation will enable organs and body systems to work more efficiently.
• Ridding the body of toxins - reflexology is a very detoxifying therapy.
• Improving hormonal and reproductive function - by working on the endocrine system reflexology is excellent for balancing hormones and regulating the menstrual cycle.
• Balancing all body systems and energy pathways - It only needs one area of the body to be out of balance to lead to disorders in other areas. Removing stagnant or blocked energy leads to a restoration of health and balance.
The Benefits of Reflexology during Pregnancy:
Reflexology is one of the most popular complementary therapies used by women during pregnancy, having established its reputation and popularity by the effective results people experience. Trials have found that those receiving regular treatments during pregnancy tend to deliver closer to term, have shorter labor and are less likely to require medical intervention.
The well known author Dr Gowri Motha, who has worked in London as an obstetrician for over 20 years and is an Ayurvedic practitioner, writes in her book, The Gentle Birth Method, that Reflexology is one of the most powerful tools in her program for a healthy pregnancy. She describes the benefits of Reflexology treatments throughout pregnancy which can include:
• Reducing and normalizing high blood pressure
• Normalizing low blood pressure
• Elimination of edema and reduced swelling in feet and ankles
• Prevention of heartburn
• Improved sleep quality
• Clearing headaches
• Relieving varicose veins
• Clearing pelvic congestion
• Improved lymphatic drainage
• Helping to aid digestion
• Oxygenating the baby by improving the blood flow within the whole body, helping the uterus and the baby's placenta.
• Helping to carry the baby to term
• Can be used to try to initiate labor if you are overdue, thereby reducing the need for medical induction at hospital
Doula for Birth:
I trained as a Doula in the late 90s and have had the pleasure to be part of many births, using reflexology to reduce pain and increase speed of delivery and overall wellbeing of the mothers.
For many years my husband and tried to get pregnant which was hard to do with a very irregular menstrual cycle and with a body that had miscarriage after miscarriage. After working with Janice for a very short period of time, my cycle became regular and my reproductive health so strong that 13 years later I can say we are the proud parents of three gorgeous children! I truly owe our family to Jan and her miracle hands
Jilan Glorfield .
Janice was by my side embracing my experience, for the entire 15 hours of the natural childbirth of my daughter.
I came to Janice for Reflexology and EFT skeptically, but I was desperate enough to give anything a try. It took a couple of sessions to start to see the difference but since then I have been hooked. I came to Janice for anxiety and the stress of pregnancy and we worked through my issues with EFT which helped in a very concrete way. Having regular bi monthly Reflexology/EFT has kept my emotions and my health in check.
Annie reported two months later...
'This baby is totally chilled out, cool as a cucumber, from all the Reflexology she had in the womb! And I continue to feel well generally.'